Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bathroom Pics - Before and During


I don't have time to type up a witty and hilarious post for you right now (I gotta get back to work!) but here are some bathroom pictures, as promised.... 

BEFORE:  See, just as I described in my last post... Ugly.



And this is how the vanity looked about 10 minutes after walking into the house on Saturday morning.  I don't mess around....



In true DIY form, I'm attempting to resurface/refurbish/reuse as many of the original materials as I can... So, I painted the cabinets (twice!) first a dark/blu-ish gray, and then decided I didn't like it so I repainted the entire thing chocolate brown.  Much better.  Unfortunately, that is gonna happen a lot throughout this whole remodel... I'm a super picky perfectionist.  

I also PAINTED (yes, painted) the tacky formica counter top to resemble granite using 4 different colors and a big sea sponge...and I topped it off with three coats of poly to protect it and to also make it shiny like granite.  The pictures don't do it justice...I'm super happy with how it turned out.  I'll be posting a whole tutorial on how I did it in the near-ish future... 

COUNTER AFTER PAINTING:





I also added a backsplash without using goopy mud or a tile saw!  Again, I'm gonna post a how-to... It was super easy.




And this is how the vanity currently looks.  Oh, and I painted the shiny chrome light fixture with oil-rubbed bronze spray paint...while it was still on the wall.  Bam!  A five dollar light fixture upgrade...


All I have left to do, is grout the tile and add cabinet hardware.  Ahhh....I'm in love.




No comments:

Post a Comment